Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Spicy Farro with Tomatoes and Kale

G I love this dish so much and it is so so easy. Perfect when I am wanting a hearty, healthy meal with a kick - FAST. It's adapted from one of my favorite blogs I discovered via Pinterest (PINCH OF YUM). I only adjusted to add the kick and create better portions for 4.  I love anything that is one pot, and this is a healthy twist on leaving out the pasta. If you haven't cooked with Farro before it's a great way to get started.
 
Spicy Farro with Tomatoes and Kale
 
  • 1 cup uncooked farro
  • 2 cups vegetable or low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 can  white beans (I use Great Northern or Cannellini) , rinsed and drained
  • 1 pint halved grape tomatoes
  • 3 cups baby kale or spinach
  • ½ cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
  • 1 and a half cups DeLallo Spicy Arrabbiata sauce
  1. Cook the farro according to package instructions, using 2 cups broth and water if needed.  It's a lot like cooking rice, and takes about 30 minutes.
  2. Stir in the tomato sauce and kale until kale wilts. Add the  white beans, tomatoes, and Asiago.  I sprinkle a little more Asiago on top before serving.
 
**Makes 4 servings
**1 on Bryce's dish scale. One pot, cutting board and knife!

No comments:

Post a Comment