Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice

If you read my blog a lot you know I love experimenting with the new trends in food. And right now it's "Cauliflower Rice." I've always been a big fan of using Cauliflower instead of meat in recipes (Buddha Bowls and on top of some Gnocchi and OMG with Indian Flavors Over Quinoa) , but this was an idea I never had and have to thank Pinterest for introducing me to. I saw a million ways to do it on there, as a side, trying it as "fried rice," roasted, in a pan, etc. So I decided to read all those, and come up with my own idea. My husband and I LOVE fried rice, so if there's a way to do it healthy - I AM IN. I was afraid it wouldn't have much flavor without some big FLAVORS added, so I followed a similar pattern as when I made Quinoa Fried Rice the first time (that recipe here) and decided to try  using the KIMCHI I have been saving too! It was awesome. Count me in on this new trend. What makes it even easier? Most grocery stores now sell cauliflower "riced" already. But if they don't, just throw it in a food processor and pulse until it's chopped, but not too fine. 


Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice

  • Either 2 heads cauliflower "riced" in a food processor until rice shape - or one big bag of "Cauliflower Rice or Pearls"
  • about 2 cups Broccoli cut into bite size florets
  • 1 cup shelled Edamame (I buy the frozen bag where it steams right in the bag)
  • 3 carrots chopped into bite sized pieces
  • 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup Kimchi, roughly chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon grated ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 5 green onions, chopped. 

  • Heat a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat and then add coconut oil. Add onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. 
  • Add garlic, carrots and broccoli and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
  • Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
  • Slide veggie mixture to one side of the wok and add in the beaten egg, scrambling until cooked through and then incorporate with the veggies.
  • Stir in cauliflower "rice" and pour your  sauce mixture over top. Stir well. 
  • Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
  • Mix in Edamame,  Kimchi and green onions.  Cook until heated through. 

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment