Tuesday, May 2, 2017

SUPER FAST: Black Bean Burger Turned Burrito


 You can tell from my blog, I am a big fan of fast meals. One night when I needed a hearty meal and hadn't had time to shop I threw this together. This is why my tips on keeping a stocked pantry help so much on those nights you might be tempted to order out or grab fast food. All of these items I used are on my staples list! I love Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers but this was my first experiment doing them any way other than as a burger and it was awesome! the Below recipe is to make one burrito. This is what I had on hand, but any salsa would be delicious and you could certainly add some Greek yogurt if you want a healthy alternative to sour cream. I also once added a few "salad topper" tortilla strips for a little crunch!


Black Bean Burger Turned Burrito 

  • 1 Spicy Black Bean Burger (I love MorningStar Farms) 
  • 1 whole wheat tortilla ( I keep Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber, Low Carb tortillas in my pantry constantly) 
  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 1/4 of avocado diced
  • Either shredded lettuce or mixed greens chopped
  • 1 tablespoon crumbled queso fresco
  • 3 tablespoons fresh pico or fresh refrigerated salsa
  • 5 cherry tomatoes, halved

  1. Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. 
  2. Cook your black bean burger about 4 minutes each side until it crisps up. 
  3. When you take the burger out of the pan, throw the tortilla in it to heat about 30-45 seconds each side. 
  4. Slice the black bean burger into 4 pieces.
  5. Layer your burrito with the black bean burger slices, cheese, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and salsa. 
  6. Fold in the sides and WRAP IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment